Hello,

Takashi Iwai wrote:

> > OK, I got 0.9.0beta12, compiled and installed it, but now depmod show
> > unresolved symbols:
> >
> > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.20/misc/snd-isapnp.o
> > depmod:     release_resource
> >
> > what does that mean to me? what can I do to make it work?
>
> already fixed on cvs.
> please try cvs version.

I just compiled and installed cvs version, everything went well so far, but now
I cant play any sound. aplay says I'm having not enough memory for that. xmms
and various other apps said I'm missing libasound.so.1, I symlinked it to
libasound.so.2.0.0 and then xmms failed also with a message about having not
enough memory.

Here are the messages:

aplay:
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:251:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS failed:
Not enough memory available
aplay: set_params:786: Unable to install hw params:
ACCESS:  RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT:  S16_LE
SUBFORMAT:  STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (92879 92880)
PERIOD_SIZE: 4096
PERIOD_BYTES: 16384
PERIODS: 4
BUFFER_TIME: (371519 371520)
BUFFER_SIZE: 16384
BUFFER_BYTES: 65536
TICK_TIME: 10000

xmms:
** WARNING **: SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT ioctl failed: Not enough memory available
** WARNING **: SNDCTL_DSP_SPEED ioctl failed: Not enough memory available