On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:57:26 +0200
Frans Ketelaars <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> looks like a wrong file came into rc3 tarball accidentally.
> for compiling rc3 alsa-driver, please remove the file
>
>       alsa-driver-0.9.0rc3/include/linux/isapnp.h
>
> before running configure script.

Many thanks.  That allowed me to make and install the drivers.  However, I
now have another problem.

When running alsaconf 0.4.3b and choosing the soundcard etc., it tells me
the card has been configured and it will start the alsa driver.  Then I
get:

Starting ALSA sound driver (version 0.9.0rc3): no sound cards defined.
Setting the PCM volume to 100% and the Master output volume to 50%
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
Could not initialize the mixer, the card was probably
not detected correctly.

I have SB Live 5.1

I note that I have an empty directory /etc/alsa/0.9 - I don't know if that
is significant.

Thanks,

- Richard.