On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:27:01 +0200
Frans Ketelaars <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.boosthardware.com/LAU/guide/ -> The ALSA HOWTO WIKI ->
> emu10k1-> SBliveMixerControls:

> 28 Video
> An internal connector for TV or Video capture boards to control volume
> without external cables (same as normal CD Audio cables )

Thanks. I've got xawtv working again. The board I have specifically
connects externally to the SB line in at the back and I hadn't realised
that installing alsa had turned it off as well.

However, the problem is that it's not clear which of the alsaplayer
controls deals with the front input, and when I try even something basic
like -D 'Line', I get an error message:-

ALSA lib pcm.c:1731:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM Line
arecord: main:447: audio open error: No such file or directory

It's all somewhat baffling.

- Richard.