Hi there,

i talked with the maintainer of the code for the ALS100 about Full
Duplex Support on this card.

I'm using alsa-driver-0.5.12a, a SuSE 7.3 with a custom kernel 2.4.18.

I need the full duplex (as far as i understand) for the VoIP application
"ohphone". So i tried a little bit with playing and recording the same
time, IMHO to assure the Full-Duplex.

Here is what i got:

1:
--
console1: arecord -t 10 -m -w foobar.wav
Started, and after 10s i had the record.

Works without problems.

2:
--
console2: aplay foobar.wav
Started as first,

aplay on console2 stops playing, but the application didn't stop, i've
to stop it by "CTRL-C".
arecord on console1 starts the record, but after 1s it stops and ends
the application.
Now i've two file both with the same size! foobar.wav ist still normal
playing, but foorbar2.wav plays a sound which i recorded some time
before! Of courde i deleted all file before i run Test 2!

3:
--
console1: arecord -t 10 -m -w foobar3.wav
Started as first,

aplay started playing the wav file, but as i start arecord the playing
stops and closes the application. But arecord is still running, i've to
stop it by "CTRL-C".
The new file foobar3.wav isn't the size which is was supposed to be (10s
recording), but there is a record. But it seems that the recording
stopped as i started the aplay application.

BTW, there is no source file called "pcm.c" in the directory "test", so
"make all" is failing there.

I hope somebody out there could help me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
        Sven