Hi Clemens,

>>i talked with the maintainer of the code for the ALS100 about Full
>>Duplex Support on this card.
>>
>>I'm using alsa-driver-0.5.12a
>

> The ALSA homepage says:
> *** N.B. The 0.5.x series is considered deprecated
>     and is no longer supported by ALSA developers ***

I already read that, but the maintainer said to me i should post this to
the list.

> In 0.9.x, the ALS100 uses the code for SB16, which says:
> *  Note: This is very ugly hardware which uses one 8-bit DMA channel and
> *        second 16-bit DMA channel. Unfortunately 8-bit DMA channel can't
> *        transfer 16-bit samples and 16-bit DMA channels can't transfer
> *        8-bit samples. This make full duplex more complicated than
> *        can be... People, don't buy these soundcards for full 16-bit
> *        duplex!!!
> *  Note: 16-bit wide is assigned to first direction which made request.
> *        With full duplex - playback is preferred with abstract layer.
>

> HTH
> Clemens

ok, it seems to me, that it's impossible to get Full-Duplex with this
card? So i'll try a _real_ Soundblaster :

(From README)

 > - full duplex support for SoundBlaster 16/AWE soundcards

Thanks, for the reply.

@Massimo: Maybe you should post that in the readme of the driver?

Thanks all,

        Sven