This MB has a "C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model 55) at 0xc800, irq 10"
built in.  I have yet to get it working fully.  Like I don't have Mic in
or an OSS mixer.  I've read the ALSA docs for this chip, loaded all the
modules, played with alsactl and alsamixer, all with no luck.

A friend has the same motherboard, and is seeing the same things.  Since
I know that different vendors implement different levels of
functionality even with the same chip, I don't know if we have something
wrong, or missing, or if this is a limitation of the ASUS use of this
chip.

So, I'm looking for someone with this motherboard who can either tell me
that I should get more functionality (and how), or if I'm getting all I
can.

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger