On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 14:07, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> This MB has a "C-Media PCI CMI8738-MC6 (model 55) at 0xc800, irq 10"
> built in.  I have yet to get it working fully.  Like I don't have Mic in
> or an OSS mixer.  I've read the ALSA docs for this chip, loaded all the
> modules, played with alsactl and alsamixer, all with no luck.

Clarification (for Moppel).  I could mix the sound just fine using
alsamixer(gui). I just wasn't able to use any programs that were looking
for OSS mixers.

After messing around some more, I discovered that my bttv card was
taking the default mixer device, so alsa wasn't loading it for my CM
card.  I added the option to tvmixer to use mixer2, and now the
snd-mixer-oss loads and /proc/asound/oss/sndstat reports a mixer is
available.  And programs expecting to work with OSS do.

So, one problem down.

I have all inputs working, except for the mic.  CD, Line In, Aux In
(second CD), all work fine.

Lonnie Borntreger