On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 03:21, Frans Ketelaars wrote:

>http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=ASOUND&card=ASONIC-8738&chip=CMI8738&module=cmipci
> at the end there is:
>
>  Lukasz Weber     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sunday, 03 November 2002

Yeah.  I saw that.

> To enable the microphone on the 0.9 series:
>
> 1. run "alsactl store"
> 2. edit /etc/asound.state.  Set "Mic As Center/LFE" to "false".

Don't see this setting.
-> grep Mic /etc/asound.state
                name 'Mic Playback Volume'
                name 'Mic Playback Switch'
                name 'Mic Capture Switch'
                name 'Mic Boost'
                name 'Mic Capture Volume'

> 3. run "alsactl restore" If your Mic is set to "Record" and capture
> level is appropriately high, the Mic should now work.

I guess I'll have to wait until Mandrake cooker gets to the later
versions of ALSA 0.9 and see if that makes a difference.  Currently,
from what I can tell, it's at 0.9.0.

Thanks.
Lonnie