Hello,

Can someone tell me if it's possible to remap the 'default' alsa device
to actually use a plugin?

I am trying to experiment with the new dmix plugin, and would like to
make all of my alsa audio apps use it by default.  Unfortunately, I
haven't been able to pass "plug:dmix" successfully to the various apps,
so I was hoping to transparently remap things with asoundrc.

Any tips would be appreciated, or a sample .asoundrc.

Thanks,
-Brad

[ sorry if this is a dup - my first attempt was help up by the moderation ]