On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 01:27:19PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi everbody,
>
> i have the same problem with my cmipci-card(the noise is also not, when
> playing sound from line-in).
> I fond out that alsa 0.9.2 does no work with the sym53c8xx scsi-driver(that`s
> my card). If the sym53c8xx-module is not loaded there is no problem.

Uhm ... I have the same problem (crackling noise) with the same
driver (via82xxx), but I have no SCSI device (it is a laptop).

Instead I found that if I reduce the sampling rate (e.g. using
mplayer with option -srate) the noise disappear.
Now, anybody knows a way to set the default sample rate in
alsa?

Ciao
------
FB