Hi,

I saw a previous posting about this motherboard, but no final
resolution.  I was wondering if the issue had been resolved for the via
chipset on the A7V8X-X.  Here's what I tested:

The OSS proprietary driver works fine.

The alsa drivers on Mandrake 9.1 don't work.  They act as if they are
working, but produce no sound and give no error.

I compiled the drivers from source and again got the same results.  It
acts like it's working, but no sound.

Please let me know if there is a resolution, or if there is a cheap
sound card you'd recommend for me to use on this PC.

TIA,

Andy
----
Andrew Lientz