Am Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2003 12:18 schrieben Sie:

> It seems that ALSA has problems with asynchronous output endpoints.
> The Audiophile doesn't use those for higher sample rates; so what
> happens when you play the file at 48001 Hz (_LE or _BE)?

I must say I do have difficulties to check that, I converted a wav to S32_LE
96000 and let it play with the plughw device (the soundcard seems to only
accepts S24_3LE and I have no prog in the moment handy creating such a type)

This I must say was...well not very helpfull since it played complete static
when I played it as S32_LE. With S32_BE it sounded exactly the same as when I
play the normal one with S16_LE. (So it seems that at least that problem is
not apperent when in an adaptive endpoint...)

But still there seems to be some kind of problem  problem...
The ouput is (just for information)

-----------
$aplay -D plughw:1 -f S32_LE -r 96000 -c 2 -t raw t9.raw -v
Playing raw data 't9.raw' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 96000 Hz, Stereo
Plug PCM: Linear conversion PCM (S24_3LE)
Its setup is:
stream       : PLAYBACK
access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
format       : S32_LE
subformat    : STD
channels     : 2
rate         : 96000
exact rate   : 96000 (96000/1)
msbits       : 32
buffer_size  : 10922
period_size  : 2730
period_time  : 28437
tick_time    : 1000
tstamp_mode  : NONE
period_step  : 1
sleep_min    : 0
avail_min    : 2730
xfer_align   : 2730
start_threshold  : 10920
stop_threshold   : 10922
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size : 0
boundary     : 1431568384
Slave: Hardware PCM card 1 'Audiophile USB (tm)' device 0 subdevice 0

Its setup is:
stream       : PLAYBACK
access       : MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format       : S24_3LE
subformat    : STD
channels     : 2
rate         : 96000
exact rate   : 96000 (96000/1)
msbits       : 24
buffer_size  : 10922
period_size  : 2730
period_time  : 28437
tick_time    : 1000
tstamp_mode  : NONE
period_step  : 1
sleep_min    : 0
avail_min    : 2730
xfer_align   : 2730
start_threshold  : 10920
stop_threshold   : 10922
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size : 0
boundary     : 1431568384
---------

I am going to play a little with this later, by the way, the same (static)
happenes when I play it in 48000 S32_LE on the plughw, thereby using the
other adaptive endpoint..

----------
$aplay -D plughw:1 -f S32_LE -r 48000 -c 2 -t raw t9.raw -v
Playing raw data 't9.raw' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo
Plug PCM: Linear conversion PCM (S24_3LE)
Its setup is:
stream       : PLAYBACK
access       : RW_INTERLEAVED
format       : S32_LE
[...]