Hallo,
Alberto Monteiro hat gesagt: // Alberto Monteiro wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >
> >> Everything seems fine during the ./configure, make, make install,
> >> and alsaconf phases, but then when I want to play something,
> >> either nothing happens, or I get back some crazy error messages.
> >
> > Well, but this isn't fixed by using sndconfig instead. Some common
> > possible causes: Did you turn up the mixer settings with alsamixer?
> >
> Yes
>
> > What errors do you get?
> >
> No errors

I meant those "crazy error messages" from above. How are you trying to
play something? You should at first try it with "aplay".

> > Are the alsa-modules loaded and the OSS
> > modules not loaded?
> >
> No, all modules are loaded, without error

This is good. So at least it "looks" as if that part is fine. You can
also check if your card is recognized by "cat /proc/asound/cards".

> > Could you post the relevant part of your module
> > configuration?
> >
> Ok:
>
> # --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
> # --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
> options snd major=116 cards_limit=1
> options snd-via82xx index=0 dxs_support=1
> # --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
>
> [BTW, the second-to-last line, options snd-via82xx, was
> tested without dxs_support, and with dxs_support set to
> other numbers - all without success]

Looks fine to my eyes. Hmmm...

ciao