On 2004-01-04 01:49:30 +0000 Mark Hubbard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've got to ask this. :-)

Have you turned the volume up to max in alsamixer for the surround channels?

That did it! I had all my channels turned up to 10% because when I initially set my card up, setting the first two DACs to anything higher was too loud. Why didn't they make the control response linear, I wonder?

BTW, do you know what the other controls in the mixer do? Deemphasis seems to be some kind of frequency filter, but I'm not sure. It looks like the Multi Track Internal Clock is to synchronize the various inputs/outputs. Multi Track Peaks seem to keep setting themselves, not sure what they do. It seems like Rate Locking might have something to do with the Internal Clock. Rate Reset?

Now I just have to start understanding ALSA so I can get OSS games to work with this great-sounding card! From my understanding of asound.conf, I should be able to put in a default format conversion rule for output, since the Rev only supports S32_LE. Are all the channels exposed as device nodes in /dev?

A thousand thank-yous,
Jason