> > >   I have kernel 2.6.1-mm5 that has alsa 1.0.1 (I believe) However
> > > it does not have all the card drivers. In particular, I want
> > > au88xx support. How do I get this driver in?
> >
> > Disable ALSA in the kernel config, and recompile the kernel.
> > Then compile and install ALSA from the alsa-driver package.
>
> with the cvs version of alsa-driver, you can even enable ALSA in the
> kernel config.  the alsa-driver configure script creates a local
> autoconf.h so that the new configuration doesn't conflict with the
> older one.

If not using the CVS version, what's the proper way to get it compiled?

As in, what should be removed, from where, from the previous compile of 2.6.1
with the ALSA kernel option?

It's been a bit of an adventure trying to get 2.6.1, ALSA and some ancient PNP
ISA cards (opti925, sbawe) to function together.

Is using the CVS version of ALSA the only reliable way to proceed?

-Bill Kearney