Hallo,
Bill Kearney hat gesagt: // Bill Kearney wrote:

> Sorry if it wasn't clear.  The idea is to have 3 distinct an independent streams
> of stereo audio.  Primarily being fed by ~192k MP3 files.
>
> Mainly, push mp3 music out to three separate zones.
>
> Think 'jukebox in basement, speakers in bedroom, family room and outside on
> deck'.

Why not buy a multichannel PCI card, or is this a laptop?

For stationary boxes I would probably never use USB sound, but for my
laptop I'm forced to do so as to my knowledge there is not a single
non-USB mobile audio solution doing 4-channel-(2-stereo-)out supported
on Linux except the RME, which is in a whole other league and much
more than I will need in the next years. USB works somehow, but is
much shakier to get running stable with many applications (Jack!) than
a decent PCI card like the M-Audio Delta 66 for example, which would
provide your 3-stereo-out solution for comparably little money.

ciao