>> > Do you have connected your applications to correct sequencer port?
>> > I guess that you want to use OPL3 FM.
>>
>> Do I want to use "OPL3 FM"? I just don't know. All I know is, that I
>> want
>> to hear the midis ;-)
>
> Well, how do your hear your MIDIs with OSS?  Any port available in the
> OSS emulation should be availabel with the native ALSA sequencer, too.

The only way to hear MIDIs was using scummvm in OSS mode. I hadn't to do
anything...it just runs out of the box. But when I switch to ALSA it
doesn't work.

> amidi doesn't support sequencer ports (and doesn't support .mid
> files).  Use aplaymidi or pmidi instead (parameter -l gives you a list
> of valid ports).

OK...will give that a try this evening.

>>From ScummVM's README:
> | If you have installed the ALSA driver with the sequencer support, then
> | set the environment variable SCUMMVM_PORT or the config file parameter
> | alsa_port to your sequencer port. The default is "65:0".

Right. As 'aconnect -o' shows, my port is "64:0" - if I don't set the
SCUMMVM_PORT env. variable, scummvm claims that it couldn't connect. After
setting the port to "64:0", scummvm runs fine...but I don't hear anything.