--- Alberto Mardegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have two speakers; to which plug should I
> connect them to?
> I've tried the green one, but while it works in M$
> Windows, it doesn't emit any sound in Linux

Have you got a channel in alsamixer called something
like "Analog/Digital Output Jack"? If so, try muting
it. My SB Audigy (same driver) has this channel, which
seems to be on (ie. unmuted) by default with alsa. By
turning it off, I can get output from the green
socket. (When it's on, the green socket acts as a
digital output, for use with a surround sound decoder
or suchlike.)

HTH
Stephen