> I'll try to deliver it on Sunday evening in terms of GMT+2 timezone.

Excellent!

> First a childish question: are you sure the speakers are in phase ?

Yes, I can't stand out of phase speakers (at least by 180 degrees) so
I'm sure that's not the problem.  Given that the speakers aren't
equidistant from my listening position there's probably a very small
phase difference, but it doesn't affect my reason for wanting an EQ.

> A similar childish question - if your speakers are (bi or tri)amped,
> do the woofer/midwoofer/tweeter channels have correct phase ?

They're only relatively cheap speakers, so no, everything is in phase.
The problem is that my hearing seems to be particularly sensitive to
mid-range frequencies, and so I prefer having these frequencies dampened
a little.

Cheers,
Adam.