On Tuesday 24 January 2006 07:37, Bill Unruh wrote:

> ?? And how many such suits have there been?
> You are maybe going to take on Microsoft and see if their tcp stack
> contains any of your GPL code ( you after all cannot sue for anyone else).
> What is "versin controll system"

btw,
MS used the BSD stack.

Nothing wrong with that.

BSD lizence does allow you to do with the code, what you want to do.

The GPL does not (it does not allow you to make closed source software out of
open source software).

So, if you are not happy with the GPL, go BSD.

I bet, they will be happy about another GPL-hater and we have peace back on
this list.

Nobody is holding you back. NetBSD, FreeBSD, Dragonfly, OpenBSD,  see, there
are even several flavours, so you can choice the one you like the best.
No need to deal with the linux kernel, if you can not stand the licence.