Hi!

I've lost a lot of time and patience trying to set up my
Maya 44USB soundcard, the guys from the Linux-Audio-Users
mailing list tried to help me, but it turned out to be
a bug in ALSA.

My problem is I can't get my Maya to play any sound from
Alsa.

cat /proc/asound/cards lists it as the 3rd card(hw:3).

When I try to start jackd it complains that it cannot set
hardware parameters. I patched my kernel to 2.6.15.6 and
use Slackware 10.2. I also have an intel8x0 card in my laptop which works prefectly.

The Maya44 registers correctly as a USB devices, I checked
in dmesg all the apropriate devices are created.
I can set the volume of the different channels
on it from alsamixer.

I connected a drum machine's audio output to the input
of the Maya 44 and I could hear sound coming from maya's output no
problem, LED's are flashing for both input/output stereo channels.

When I tell xmms to use hw:3 as output device it complains
that it cannot acces the audio device.

Here is the output from jack:

apparent rate = 48000
creating alsa driver ... hw:3|hw:3|1024|3|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:3
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 3 periods
Note: audio device hw:3 doesn't support a 32bit sample format so JACK will try a 24bit
format instead
Note: audio device hw:3 doesn't support a 24bit sample format so JACK will try a 16bit
format instead
nperiods = 3 for capture
Note: audio device hw:3 doesn't support a 32bit sample format so JACK will try a 24bit
format instead
Note: audio device hw:3 doesn't support a 24bit sample format so JACK will try a 16bit
format instead
nperiods = 3 for playback
ALSA: cannot set hardware parameters for playback
ALSA: cannot configure playback channel
cannot load driver module alsa

Is this really a bug, or did I misconfigure something.

Regards,

Hiram.
--
http://www.egoboobits.net/HiramAbiff