On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 02:39 +0300, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> No, I don't.
>
> I realize that there were Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT,
> Windows 2000, Windows XP.
>
> Or Solaris 4..10.
>
> Or whatever.
>
> That is, from time to time binary interface specs get updated as
> necessary.
>
> Now, symmetrically, do you realize that refusal to stabilize ABI
> indicates failure first to think and then to do ?
>

> That is, Linux was not the first to implement suspend/resume, so
> not taking this into account indicates a flaw/failure in the first
> place.

Um, the XP kernel has not been updated in years!  You are proposing we
go to a Microsoft-like release schedule where we only update the kernel
every 3-4 years.

You would have to be insane to propose that.

You obviously don't know the first thing about how kernel development
works.

This thread is over.  Please do not cc: me on any more replies.  I can't
have a conversation with an unreasonable person.

Lee