Le dimanche 25 novembre 2007 à 18:26 +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin a écrit :
> That's the main reason why I asked - I heard that people can hear
> 22khz or about that when they are young, than listening gets worse and
> they don't hear very high frequencies anymore - and since I consider
> myself still young ;), I was kind of disappointed by the fact that I
> can't hear not only 22khz, but even 20khz, and when I discovered that
> I can't hear even 18khz, I was kind if scared - is my hearing going
> down due to headphone usage? Thanks for clarifying this issue.

Theorically, A 44100 sampled audio CD can reproduce a triangle signal
at 22050 Hz. The triangle signal is the worst possible but DAC convert
it to a sine signal. Anyway, the first harmonics of a 22050 Hz distored
signal are ultrasonic "sounds" such that we can not hear the distortion,
Even if the headphone might reproduce a 28Khz sine or over.