On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:52:17 -0800 (PST)
Bill Unruh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:19:24 +0100
> > Benoit Rouits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Theorically, A 44100 sampled audio CD can reproduce a triangle signal
> >> at 22050 Hz.
> >
> > No, it can't.
>
> Sure it can. The difference between a triangle wave and a square wave a
> 22000 is harmonics whose frequency is far higher than 22050. Ie, the
> harmonics are irrelevant. Thus a triangle, a square, a sine, a sawtooth are
> all the same. One could say that the triangle is closer since it has lower
> amplitude harmonics than most of the others.
>

> > Draw timing diagrams with different relative phases of the signal and
> > sampling frequencies.
> >
> > Your output will be 22050 Hz 50% duty cycle square wave whose amplitude
> > (and polarity/phase) depend on the above relative phase.

I'm saying it again - just draw the suggested timing diagram.

It will be a very good illustration of aliasing.

Furthermore, if the phase is such that sampling occurs at every
zero crossing, the sampled signal will be 0/zero/null/zilch - you name
it.

The point/problem that the original poster suggested input signals with
fundamental being the exact Nyquist frequency.

--Sergei.