Hi Reinaldo,

Thank you and I think you raised a very good question. I totally agree that
available bandwidth is more useful than provisioned bandwidth. But available
bandwidth is rather dynamic, and it is very hard to measure it and provide the
real-time status to ALTO clients.

With providing provisioned bandwidth, it can be seen with a high probability a
client can select a "better" peer. It is better than random IMO. But if there
is an easy method to rank the available bandwidth of a peer list, I will be
very interested.

BR,
-Haibin