John et al:

> >/usr/local/amanda/sbin/amrecover -s amandaserver.mydomain.com
>
> Are you certain the default configuration built into amrecover is the
> config you wanted to use?  Put a different way, try this:

I gave up using the "default" configuration because it would always
"default" to something that didn't exist and wouldn't change. And some
of the utilities pick it up and some of them don't. Furthermore, I don't
like to use it because in an emergency backup situation where you manage
to get AMANDA back onto the system, if you're used to typing "amdump
MYCONFIG" or wotever then you've got one less headache in the heat of
battle...

DL
--
The hate stands ready...