What would it take to have some sort of config option that did exactly
that?  I have a 15/30DLT ... I have a 15gig holding disk ... when holding
disk is full, dump it all to tape and then backup to the holding disk
again ... then, your tapes would always be full and you don't have to
worry about whether you have enough holding disk for a weeks worth of
data, or what not ...

You also then have the benefit of getting the tape "up to speed", dumping
15gig (or whatever) to her and getting max use of the drive ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org
primary: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org