From: Paul Bijnens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 2:36 AM
To: Mark Holm
Subject: Re: Newbie and not quite understanding ...

Mark Holm wrote:

> The second one was the one that actually had the files attached. I didn't
> get it either, so I may have typoed and it's still trying to bounce back
> me.
>
> The AIT Definition that I used is:
>
> define tapetype SONY-AIT {
>     comment "SONY-AIT - produced by tapetype"
>     length 21783 mbytes                              # "25 GB" capacity
>     filemark 772 kbytes
>     speed 2783 kbytes                                # nominal speed under
> load
> #    lbl-templ   "/usr/local/amanda/etc/AIT.ps"       # tape labeling
> template
> }
>
> Looks like the vicinity of 25Gb to me.

I have "length 23500 mbytes" in mine!  What you have is typically
when you have hardware compression ON and use software compression
(as tapetype assumes) also on.  Bad idea.
Investigate a little how to turn hardware compression off
(but this may not be related to your problem you have now).

--
Paul Bijnens, Lant                                 Tel  +32 16 40.51.40
Interleuvenlaan 15 H, B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM       Fax  +32 16 40.49.61