On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Mark Holm wrote:

> My only other option is to make every dump a
> full dump like we do now, but I am pretty sure I cannot stream it through my
> tape drive every evening before the traffic starts to pick up again.

The easy way around this problem is to use holding disk(s).  Disk is
dirt cheap these days.  Put in enough to hold an entire night's run
and you can stream all your dumps to disk quickly.  Then you tape
drive can take its sweet time pulling them off the holding disk and
doesn't have to finish before people start arriving in the morning.

-Mitch