I also am confused by the dumpcycle, runspercycle, tapecycle values.

I have a ten tape change with 8 tapes, currently. I want to rotate tapes
once a month. I tried 'dumpcycle 1 month' but Amanda doesn't seem to
understand that. If I use 'dumpcycle 30 days' it's much harder to
remember when the tapes need to be changed.

However, if I go with the 30 days, would I then do this?

dumpcycle 30 days
runspercycle 7
tapecycle 8 tapes

And then setup cron to call amdump on seven days throughout the month?

If I added the last few tapes so the changer is full at ten, then
would I use this?

dumpcycle 30 days
runspercycle 9
tapecycle 10 tapes

And then setup cron to call amdump on nine days throughout the month?

Thanks,

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group