We tried it both ways.  The backup server actually refers to another
machine on the NAT range for its DNS, so when it pings the names of the
machines with NAT addresses, it will get responses from their NAT IPs.
We also added them manually to the /etc/hosts file on the backup server to
point to their NAT addresses just to avoid confusion.  That made no
difference.  Then we changed the disklist file to point to the internal
machines by their NAT addresses, which also made no difference.  What else
could be causing it?  All the machines with translated addresses are
reporting "selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?"   Including the
backup server itself when running amcheck.  What are we not seeing here?

Lee Parsons
LAN Administrator
The Minnesota Daily
www.mndaily.com