+ John R. Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [07.04.02 20:24]:
> >Of course... I've tried 2.4.2p2 too, with no luck. So I updated to the
> >"bleeding-edge" version.
>
> OK.  Just wanted to make sure you understood what you were running.

I've downgraded to 2.4.2p2 again, since the beta did not work either.

Another thing I did was touching /home/balu/.amanda.exclude, selfcheck
ignored it, but the admin told me that it was listed as an ERROR in the
amcheck mail...

I've also redone the config, checked the amanda-user (who had /bin/false
as shell for whatever reason) and all rights (I didn't have to change
them though).

And now it suddenly works. :-)

Thanks for you suggestions

        Balu