Various people

>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&m=98888253924842&w=2

>> I think this sendsize.c was maybe for amanda2.4.2p2 as I got
>> errors when compiling it with amanda2.4.3b3 which is the version I
>> use. This leaves me with the following questions:

>> 1. Is there a version of sendsize.c that is compatibile with amanda
>>     2.4.3b3?

> I don't know that there's a modified sendsize.c for 2.4.3.  *However*, is
> there a reason you need 2.4.3b3?  You realize 'b' is for beta, right?

If this is the modifcation I made long agao, then no, there is no mod for
2.4.3

>> 2. Is compiling the source with an updated sensize.c the only
>>    method of using calcsize?

> That I know of -- yes.

I was once, long ago, undertaking the effort of sticking this in the proper
amanda tree.
But doing this proper was (and still is) a lot more work then I have time
for.

There is also an issue where the sendsize/calcsize combo gives incorrect
results, and although in my particular case (500G of disks to be backup on
a 100G LTO tape the errors are small enough to be non-significant I have
seen posts here in this forum where the error was big enough to give
serious incorrect estimats.

Also, this particular hack does not support exclude patterns

The problem lies in the way incremental dumpsizes are calculated, and
either lists incrementals as having size 0 (32K) while they are in fact
much bigger or lists incrementals as being almost level 0 size while they
are not.

Given that Im dumping 41 disks/tar-slices in a one week cycle I have on
average 70% of my backups as level 0 dump (8 or 9 disks/slices) and the
rest incrementals means that the total error between the calcsize estimate
and the real dumpsize is less than the amount of data being generated
between the start of the dump and the end.

(amanda runs for 8+ hours, in that period my users can eaily generate
over 10G of data, the joys of working with seismic processors ;) )

So for me those errors are not an issue.

Having said all that,
I can give you a sendsize binary (2.4.2p1 I think) for SOlaris 2.6 (and
higher), Irix 6.5 and Linux (2.4 kernel series).

Or if you can give me the compile log I can see what is causing your
problem.

(sorry for not picking upt his thread earlier, I don;t even have enough
time to follow the amanda mailinglist these days ..)

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone :+31-10.280.1515
Global IT Support manager                       Direct:+31-10.280.1539

      This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
  addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
       If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
         disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
      If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
           immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.