> >     I hope I don't have to re-install the program again.  Thanx in advance.
>
> You'll need to compile, install, and configure amanda on the new machine

You really only need to install amanda client you do not need the server.

You are using Linux, if it is a RPM system just install amanda-common and
amanda-client packages. Restart (x)inetd, add the amanda server to
.amandahosts and the client is done.

You may have to edit hosts.allow and any firewall scripts, depends how you do
your security.

Edit disklist on server and run amcheck....

I was amazed at how easy it is to add clients.

Kevin