Hi Joshua, I did what you said,
/etc have root as owner and root as group
/usr/local have root as owner and root as group
so I put operador in root group and use the command chmod 775 /etc
chmod -R 775 /usr
in /usr/local/etc the owner is operador and the group is operador
so operador now have full acess to these filesystems

well runing ./amcheck config I get this

manda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
WARNING: program /usr/local/libexec/planner: not setuid-root
WARNING: program /usr/local/libexec/dumper: not setuid-root
WARNING: program /usr/local/sbin/amcheck: not setuid-root
Holding disk /var/dumps: 8282444 KB disk space available, that's plenty
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape backup00 label ok
NOTE: info dir /usr/local/etc/amanda/database/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
Server check took 16.083 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: piaui: [host piaui: port 32773 not secure]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.017 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

after runing ./amdump I get this in log file

START planner date 20020627
INFO planner Adding new disk piaui:/etc.
INFO planner Adding new disk piaui:/usr/local/etc/amanda.
START driver date 20020627
FAIL planner piaui /usr/local/etc/amanda 0 [piaui: [host piaui: port 32773
not secure]]
FAIL planner piaui /etc 0 [piaui: [host piaui: port 32773 not secure]]
FINISH planner date 20020627
FATAL dumper must be run setuid root to communicate correctly
FATAL dumper must be run setuid root to communicate correctly
FATAL dumper must be run setuid root to communicate correctly
WARNING driver WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
STATS driver startup time 0.068
FATAL dumper must be run setuid root to communicate correctly
START taper datestamp 20020627 label backup00 tape 0
INFO taper tape backup00 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]
FINISH driver date 20020627 time 12.389

another thing, I not sure if I am using DuMP or TAR, but I guess I am using
dump
what should I do now???