On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 01:38:18PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Forgot to mention this earlier: I'm not using incrementals at all. Tapes
> from the same week will contain full backups of different directories, and
> a given file is backed up (only) once a week.

OK, I'll bite...  How hard did you have to twist amanda's arm to convince
her to do that?

And you do realize that incrementals tend to be a good deal smaller than
fulls, yes?  I'd be willing to bet that you'd be better off letting amanda
figure out for herself what to back up, when, and at what level instead
of trying to force this 'one full per dump cycle and no incrementals'
policy on her.

I'm getting the impression that not only have you decided to do things
in a way that amanda really isn't designed to handle, but that you'd be
able to accomplish it much more easily by just using cron, dump, and gzip.