Toralf Lund wrote:

>> On Monday 14 October 2002 04:56, Toralf Lund wrote:
>> [...]
>> >Yes, that's what I'm doing. The problem with this is that
>> > something easily gets left out as new directories are created.
>> >
>> >How about
>> >
>> >1. Allowing wildcards in the disklist file
>> >2. Having some kind of "auto expansion" mode, where a directory in
>> > the disklist file would be traversed recursively and replaced
>> > with its "leaf" or "level n" sub directories.
>>
>> I believe that one can use regex expressions to break it up
>> alphabeticly, like one entry to cover [a*-c*], the next for [d*-g*]
>> etc, but I've no idea of the exact syntax required as I've never
>> done that.
>
> That would certainly be useful in some cases, although I was thinking
> more along the lines of listing
>
> some-host /some-dir/* full-tar
>
> in disklist file, and having Amanda treat this as if one entry for
> each sub directory of /some-dir was included.

OK, now I might be wrong but I thought this was already possible
according to the examples in the initial disklist file.  I'll paste
below in case you didn't get that file for whatever reason:

# An example of how to separate a big disk (/diskA) in multiple smaller
entry
# using GNUTAR.
# I suggest to always use the diskdevice in the diskname.
# Don't forget to use the same spindle for all entry.
hosta /diskA/all /diskA {
        # all directories except the one that start with [a-u]
        high-tar
        exclude "./[a-u]*"
        } 1
hosta /diskA/ag /diskA {
        # all directories that start with [a-g] except big1 and big2
        high-tar
        include "./[a-g]*"
        exclude "./big1" "./big2"
        } 1
hosta /diskA/big /diskA {
        # directories big1 and big2
        high-tar
        include "./big1" "./big2"
        } 1
hosta /diskA/gm /diskA {
        # all directories that start with [h-m]
        high-tar
        include "./[h-m]*"
        } 1
hosta /diskA/nu /diskA {
        # all directories that start with [n-u]
        high-tar
        include "./[n-u]*"
        } 1

# and so on ... well, you get the idea

I would think you could use something like this to get your wildcards, I
do (at least I think I do since I have it set up to do so but haven't
verified).

=G=