Unfortunately the "documentation" on amanda is not up to
scratch.

I've been trying for a few days now to get this thing to work. 8-(

I've gone through the archives but it is very hard sometimes
to find exactly what you are looking for.

When I changed the amanda configuration file to use
runtapes 2
tpchanger "chg-manual"

and try to label the tape I get the following error. any ideas?

[root@zeus tmp]# su amanda -c "amlabel -f DailySet1 DMP01"
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
labeling tape in slot /usr/lib/amanda/chg-manual:
(/usr/adm/amanda/changer-status-clean: No such file or directory):
rewinding
amlabel: no tape online

Also I've noticed that some people use an extra parameter
in their disklist configuration file, what is it used for?
I can't find any docs.

eg

localhost   /var   always-full  0

What is that 0 value for, some people use 1.

Thanks