On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Maybe, but there is nowhere near enough info in that to allow the un-assisted
> configuration of all that "define amanda_changer {}".  I saw someplace where
> I should create a set of slot# directories in the /usr/local/var/amanda tree,
> but there are none, its never been setup.  My man-pages, installed with the
> 2.6.2-20091112 snapshot yesterday, are apparently _way_ behind in terms of
> tutorial value.   And yet its working.  Where are the docs to let us take
> advantage of these new features.

I'm not sure what "new features" you're talking about -- from what I
can tell, you had a disk failure and did a recovery, checked your
config file and saw something that didn't look familiar (but was in
fact familiar), and deleted a space between "runtapes" and "3".
There's no such thing as "define amanda_changer".

What are you trying to do?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer