Frank,

Dustin suggested the same, just checked and to my suprise the
switch was present, up'd it from 1800 to 2400 (seconds).

It was the only DLE in the test though and had progressed to
70% the last time I'd checked. I don't think it was idle...

I had an exclude for "./root/proc/*", which may have been invalid
and found nothing, I've changed it to "./root/proc" and will keep
my fingers crossed for tonight.

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 03:17:41PM -0600, Frank Smith wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
> >   dorldom1   /export/zones/dorldom1z1 lev 0 FAILED [mesg read: Connection
> > timed out]
> >

> > STATISTICS:
> >                           Total       Full      Daily
> >                         --------   --------   --------
> > Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:03
> > Run Time (hrs:min)         2:13
> > Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
> > Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
> > Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
> > Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
> > Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
> > Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --
> >
> > Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
> > Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
> > Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
> > Filesystems Taped             0          0          0
> > Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --
> >
> > USAGE BY TAPE:
> >   Label          Time      Size      %    Nb
> >   MIMOSA15       0:00       0.0    0.0     0
> >

> > FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:
> >
> > /-- dorldom1   /export/zones/dorldom1z1 lev 0 FAILED [mesg read: Connection
> > timed out]
> > sendbackup: start [dorldom1:/export/zones/dorldom1z1 level 0]
> > sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/sfw/bin/gtar
> > sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/usr/sfw/bin/gtar -xpGf - ...
> > sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
> > sendbackup: info end
> > ? /usr/sfw/bin/gtar: ./root/proc: file changed as we read it
> > \--------
> >

> > NOTES:
> >   planner: Forcing full dump of dorldom1:/export/zones/dorldom1z1 as
> > directed.
> >   driver: WARNING: /amanda/work: 57344000 KB requested, but only 57092025
> > KB available.
> >   taper: tape MIMOSA15 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]
> >

> > DUMP SUMMARY:
> >                                       DUMPER STATS                TAPER
> > STATS
> > HOSTNAME DISK           L   ORIG-KB    OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS   KB/s MMM:SS
> > KB/s
> > ------------------------ ---------------------------------------
> > -------------
> > dorldom -es/dorldom1z1 0 FAILED
> >
> > (brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4)
> >
> > ----- End forwarded message -----
> >

> You're probably on the edge of either the estimate or data timeout
> values (etimeout or dtimeout).  You could try increasing those
> values.  I'm not familiar with Solaris zones, but if ./root/proc
> is really the proc filesystem, you should exclude that from
> your backup as it can be quite a rabbit hole. Try  using an
> exclude file or exclude list to exclude ./root/proc and see if
> that speeds things up.
>
> --
> Frank Smith                                      fsm...@hoovers.com
> Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673
> Hoover's Online                                   Fax: 512-374-4501
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cutt...@wadsworth.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It
is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.