On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 02:57:01PM -0500, rory_f wrote:

> Hey guys. Thanks
>
> I checked my library GUI and for the tape run i was just talking about, where
> it was stopping around 230gb, it seems compression WAS on. I turned it off
> via mt and now the gui says "off" (after stopping the run obviously)
>
> I was *sure* i turned it off with mt before.  Im doing another amtapetype now.
>
> And the comment regarding labeling: thanks. I'll most certainly relabel all
> the tapes after this tapetype is done.
>
> Thanks again guys.

Recalling your data in the original posting I think an amtapetype run was
estimated
to take about 8 hours.  I think LTO drives are capable of writing a full tape in
about 1.5 hrs, amtapetype should do two full writes, thus about 3+ hours total.

As you system seems to be writing at less than 1/2 full speed, I wonder if it
is failing to stream.  If an LTO drive is not streaming, is its capacity
affected
by having large gaps caused by the start and stopping action?

jl
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  j...@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing