On Monday 05 April 2010, Giel wrote:
>Hi
>I testing amanda 3.1.0beta1 on ubuntu server 8.04LTS. I don't have problem
> with small volumes but I can't get working big ones. I have SUN x4240
> with 1.3T raid 6 volume disigned to be holding area. My weekly data to
> backup is ~10Tb. I have NEO LTO4 library with two tape drives. As I
> understand each DLE is done in turn. send from client to server to
> holding area and written to tape.
>
>with existing configuration:
>I get
>FAILURE DUMP SUMMARY:
>  test.testbackup /data/data3 lev 0  FAILED [Not enough holding disk
> space]
>
>Could you check my config I suggest changes. In order to work efficiently
> with a such big volumes.  Thanks
>
>> org "Test DailySet1" # your organization name for reports
>> mailer "/usr/bin/mail"
>> mailto "t...@test" # space separated list of operators at your site
>> send-amreport-on all
>> dumpuser "amandabackup"
>>
>> tapetype "DIL" # what kind of tape it is
>>
>> dumpcycle 7 days # the number of days in the normal dump cycle
>> runspercycle 5 days # the number of amdump runs in dumpcycle days
>> tapecycle 15 # the number of tapes in rotation
>> usetimestamps yes
>> runtapes 10 # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
>> maxdumpsize 10000gb
>>
>> labelstr "^DL[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][A-Z][0-9]*$" # label constraint regex:
>> all tapes must match
>>

>> diskfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/disklist"
>> infofile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo"
>> logdir "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/logs"
>> indexdir "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/index"
>> tapelist "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapelist"
>>
>> dtimeout 43200
>> ctimeout 60
>> etimeout 43200
>> inparallel 10
>> dumporder "sssS"
>> taperalgo first
>> displayunit "g"
>> netusage 1 gbps
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This has no meaning that I'm aware of.
>> maxdumps 1
>> bumpsize 20m
>> bumppercent 20
>> bumpdays 1 day
>> amrecover_changer "changer"
>> device_output_buffer_size 1280k
>> reserve 20
>> autoflush on
>> amrecover_do_fsf on
>> amrecover_check_label on
>> flush-threshold-dumped 25
>> flush-threshold-scheduled 25
>> taperflush 1
>>
>> holdingdisk dataPool {
>> comment "Main holding area"
>> directory "/dataPool/amandapool"
>> use 1000Gb
>> chunksize 2047Mb
>> }
If you have 1.6Tb available, which are you limiting it 1.0 Tb?
I have a good sized disk as holding disk, and I have that set to "use
-500Mb"  meaning it will use all but 500 megs of a .6Tb partition just for
my stuff here at home.  Average total for 2 machines is about 30Gb so that
fits nicely.

Also, except for my /usr/movies/ directory, I have the dle's defined to not
have more than 10Gb in any one dle.  Obviously, when its time for a level 0
on movies, then everything else gets scheduled for about a level 2.  I've
done a few weddings and they are bulky in raw.

You might have better results breaking up some of the bigger DLE's into
smaller pieces.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

In these matters the only certainty is that there is nothing certain.
                -- Pliny the Elder