On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Douglas K. Rand
<r...@meridian-enviro.com> wrote:
> I'll admit I'm selfishly trying to not have to balance multiple Amanda
> configs and also not have to change tapes. I'm just lazy.

That's a very reasonable expectation of your backup software!

At this point, Amanda still does not support more than one tapetype
(length, in particular) in a single run.

Amanda would never ask you to move a tape to a new changer - I don't
think anyone would be willing to do that!

As for breaking ties with multiple tapes -- I assume you mean with
regard to which tape should be overwritten next?  Yes, that's by order
in the tapelist.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer