On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Dustin J. Mitchell <dus...@zmanda.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Florian Lengyel
> <florian.leng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The following is the output of amcheck (version info listed below)--it
> > reports a malformed response from the vtape changer and calls this a
> "changer
> > problem." On the other hand it ends by reporting "no problems found" and
> does
> > not send the email address configured to receive notifications that there
> > was a changer problem.
>
> The "no problems found" is for the client check, not the server check.
>  Is the exit status 0 or something else?
>  amcheck DailySet3; echo $?
>
> > Is there a problem, or not? What, if anything, should be done about this?
>
> Well, that the changer is failing is a problem.  Do you know why
> that's happening?
>
> Dustin

I will get back to you with the answers--this isn't my system. I don't have
experience
with VTapes, so I'm not exactly sure where to check to determine the source
of the failure. I'm writing on behalf of  someone else regarding a system
at
another campus.

Shouldn't amcheck -m DailySet3 send email if there is a changer problem? I'm
told
that amcheck does not send the email.