On Friday, September 10, 2010 08:57:23 pm Dustin J. Mitchell did opine:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Florian Lengyel
>
> <florian.leng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Shouldn't amcheck -m DailySet3 send email if there is a changer
> > problem? I'm told that amcheck does not send the email.
>
> Yes, and normally it does, so that's either mistakenly reported or
> there's a bug of some sort.
>
> Dustin

I'm not too sure there isn't a buglet here Dustin.  I haven't been getting
an email from amdump, since installing pclos-2010.7, with the Mailto line
in my amanda.conf stating that it is to send the report to
g...@coyote.coyote.den.

So I went looking in /var/spool/mail, and the gene file is normally empty as
kmail reads it and sorts to the correct folders.  But there was also an
"amanda" mailfile there, containing the  messages that cron emits when it
runs the dump.  But this is not what amanda sends.

Do I need an alias or .forward file someplace?

So, where the heck is the mail going?  I just changed it to send it to
g...@localhost for effect.  We'll see if I get a mail tonight.  Humm, the
manpage doesn't say a thing about quotation marks around that string, so I
just took them out, and space separated the two recipients.  And we
wait....

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)