Thanks , I took a look at that man page just now. I tried some other
options/switches for amoverview , I always got E or EE while my amanda backup
reports were OK most of the times for all DLEs.

Just for the sake of trying I tried amadmin weeklyfull find and guess what !
this works a lot better and I wonder why because amoverview is actuallly
supposed to run same command in background but it shows all E or EEs but
amadmin works great and I will continue using that..

/opt/csw/sbin/amadmin weeklyfull find

date                host              disk            lv tape or file
                                                                  file part
status
2011-02-10 00:01:02 client.domain.com /etc             0 WF-2
                                                                     2   1/1 OK
2011-02-11 00:01:02 client.domain.com /etc             1 WF-2
                                                                     9   1/1 OK
2011-02-14 00:01:02 client.domain.com /etc             0 WF-3
                                                                     7   1/1 OK
2011-02-15 00:01:02 client.domain.com /etc             0 WF-3
                                                                    12   1/1 OK
2011-02-16 00:01:02 client.domain.com /etc             0 WF-3
                                                                    21   1/1 OK
2011-02-17 00:01:02 client.domain.com /etc             0 WF-4
                                                                     2   1/1 OK

So I can say isssue is resolved. Thanks for your quick reply and help!
appreciate it!