All multi-bytes locale have the same problem.

I'm working on a fix, it should be ready by end of the week.

Jean-Louis

Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 06.06.2011 15:54, schrieb Jean-Louis Martineau:

As all backup are run in the C locale, all non-ASCII characters are in
octal representation in the index file.
amrecover is run in the user locale, it should be able to display
characters in user locale (The patch do it)
On recovery, the application is also run in the C locale, but can it
accept non-ASCII characters? some can and some can't.
That's why the patch can't be committed.
Also, it can be possible to have filename in a different locale, using
the root locale to display them can make it harder.

I would prefer to have an amrecover setting that enable the translation
of an octal representation to a single bytes.

There is a workaround, octal characters must be preceded by 4 backslash:
amrecover> add \\\\303\\\\275

Jean-Louis, thanks for the explanation, a bit steep for me ...
What does it mean to me as a user?

Will it get patched? Is it fixable?
Will Amanda allow me to amrecover UTF8-named files without using wildcards?

Francis tried to trace the problem with some patches already (in a
private thread) ....

I assume that not only german users face this issue, afai understand
also users of other locales face these problems?

Regards, Stefan