Christoph,
My reply's are inline:

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM, C. Scheeder <christ...@scheeder.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> Summarizing up:
> your clients have 100Mbit-Nics,
> your server has a 1000Mbit-Nic,
> you are not using a holdingdisk, so as far as i recall,
> you are getting the maximum possible performance out of your setup.
> Why?
> without Holdingdisk, amanda will fetch all your dumps one after the other,
> no matter what you set inparallel to in amada.conf.

As I had mention in last mail, I had doubt  so I had remove its settings.
But now I will use it.

> Or has that behavior changend for newer versions of amanda?
>
> You are limited by the speed of your client-nics, 100mBit/sec means max 11
> MByte/sec.
> and as a short calculation this leads to roughly 3 to 4 days backup-time.
>
> if your NAS has a 1000Mbit-Nic, and if the systems are connected together
> by a
> 1GBit/sec switch then do yourself a favor and put a holdingdisk into your
> server,
> i would suggest a sata-disk with around 2 times the capacity of the
> largest DLE you have.
> It will cut Backuptime dramatically, as amanda will start dumping many
> hosts in parallel.
>
> But if your nas only has a 100MBit NIC or you don't have a Gbit switch
> you'll never get
> amanda faster than now, nor any other backup solution.

True. About network limitation I do understand.
But if these backup process will execute in parallel, then I will get
expected "performance".
I will use holding disk & test it again.

Thanks a lot.

--
Regards
Amit Karpe.