Hi Again,

Am 18.03.2013 05:55, schrieb Amit Karpe:
Brian,
Yes, initially I was using holdingdisk for all config. But when I see
backup is low and taking more time, I had doubt that my backup &
holdingdisk are on same disk (NAS) which is 19TB. So I change it & force
not to use it.

That holdingdisk on the NAS won't buy you much speed improvement,
with the holdingdisk on the nas, all your data will be sent 4 times over the
network,
1. from client to amanda server,
2. from amanda server to nas holdingdisk,
3. from nas holdingdisk back to amanda server
4. from amanda-server back to your vtape storage.

and voila, there is your network-bottleneck again limiting you to roughly
max-Networkbandwith/4 MByte/sec for the dumps.

you realy need physical disk(s) in your amanda-machine for holdingspace
to speed things up.

Christoph