On 25/09/15 06:24, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Stefan Piperov <pipe...@hep.brown.edu> (Do 24 Sep 2015 22:16:12 CEST):
>> It's amazing that a utility like dump/restore, which has been part of UNIX
>> since forever, can reach the state where it's considered a dead project and
>> be
>> unsupported...
>>
>> - Stefan.
> Yes.  I'm talking about http://sourceforge.net/projects/dump/, if you
> know a dump/restore tools that's more alive, I'd appreciate any hint.
>
> (And yes, I was happy with dump/restore, until restore wasn't able to
> restore a dump.)
>
> Bugs:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/dump/bugs/

Agreed. The dump utility has a long history. Looking at the changelog on the
CentOS 7 rpm package
and the sourceforge bug list I can see that Red Hat have been active in
maintenance. Not sure if
these patches are making back to the repository at sourceforge, though. Also
not sure how many of
the bugs they have addressed.